HOURS AND MEMBERSHIP
Positive Spin is an all-volunteer non-profit organization entirely supported by volunteer time, bike, part and tool donations, the sale of reused bikes and parts, MEMBERSHIPS ($60.00) REPAIR STAND TIME ($10/hr or in exchange for volunteer hours) and MONETARY DONATIONS.
Tuesdays, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. are for Patrons, Volunteers, do-it-yourself repairs1 (please see repairs policy below) and parts, tools and monetary donations. Please contact us before bringing bike donations.
- Paid Membership Benefits (365 days - $60)
- Free repair stand time!
- 10% discount on new and used parts, helmets, used cargo related and car rack purchases.
- Repair Stand Time
- Unlimited repair stand time is free with a paid membership.
- Repair stand time is free during the 30 days after a purchase of a bicycle.
- Volunteer hours may be used to redeem repair stand time on a one-to-one hour basis.
- Volunteer hours may be used in place of cash to earn one used bike and used parts per shop season (Jan. 1 - Dec. 31).
- 100% exchange rate for the first $100 per shop season.
- 25% exchange rate after first $100 per shop season for volunteers with less than 100 volunteer hours for the previous 365 days.
- 50% exchange rate after first $100 per shop season for volunteers with at least 100 volunteer hours for the previous 365 days.
- Applicable volunteer hours are reset to 0 at the beginning of each new shop season; exchange rate is $8/hr.
- Kids Bikes
- Mass retailer children's bikes are $20 ($10 with a trade-in) for kids that are 10 years old or younger.
- No Storage in the Shop for Personal Projects or Property!
- All bike purchases most go home with you.
- We will not provide special exemptions under any condition, nor provide reimbursements for stolen personal property.
- No Trade-ins, with the exception of bikes for kids' 10 years old or younger.